Sorry, but there aren't any posts in the Uncategorized category yet.
You are currently browsing the archives for the Uncategorized category.
When Niall Petersen has a heart attack on the London Underground, it's not the end, it's the beginning....
The Road to Bedlam
"There's been an accident - It's your daughter." This is the news no parent ever wants to hear....
Strangeness and Charm
Alex has been released from the fate awaiting her in Bedlam, but others have also escaped and they don't want freedom, they want revenge.
The Eighth Court
Tensions run high in the courts with suspicion and doubt testing old alliances. A mongrel court is the last thing the Seventh Court want, but how far will they go to prevent it?
You can subscribe to Mike's Newsletter by using the form on Contact Mike
- Messed About ChickenSomeone close to me once said that they like Roast Chicken, but they don’t like it messed about. That’s fine, but unless you get a really good chicken they can taste a bit bland and dry. Personally, I like my … Continue reading →
- Recipe: Seville Orange MarmaladeThe winter is often at its worst at the end of January, which is just the time the Seville Oranges become available in Britain. This is a breath of summer at a time when it is most needed, and the … Continue reading →
- Recipe: Crispy Pork with Sweet and Sour PineappleSweet and Sour is all about contrasts, and this recipe has lots of them. The pork has a firm meaty texture, complimented by a crispy coating with herb notes, while the sauce balances sweetness against acid, without the overpowering cloy … Continue reading →
- Recipe: Leafy Minced Beef PieThere are few things as comforting as pie, but many people shy away from pies as difficult dishes to make. Pastry can seem a bit daunting to begin with, and quite fiddly, but it needn’t be, and a home-made pie … Continue reading →
- Recipe: Mackerel with RhubarbIn my newsletter I did promise a recipe for Mackerel with Rhubarb, with all credit to The Draak, who came up with this (and it was her Rhubarb). As with so many fish recipes, it’s simple and quick and involves … Continue reading →
- Recipe: Tyropitta – Greek Cheese PiesI love Greece. I know they are going through a terrible economic time at the moment, and they have become Europe’s examplar for how things can go fiscally wrong, but you have to understand – like other countries involved in … Continue reading →
- Recipe: Winter BBQ BreamI’m a great lover of outdoor cookery but England isn’t the best place for it. Unfortunately we are not famous for barbecue summers. It doesn’t mean we have to miss out entirely, though. We can still have the spirit, if not exactly … Continue reading →
- Messed About Chicken